Pinterest has solidified its dominance as a great alternative for more traffic to your website. As this becomes another tool to market your business, you still have to beware of the spammers popping up. With the popularity of Pinterest, we now have to beware of spam photos or possible viruses.
Now, Pinterest instituted a new option where you can now add your URL directly to your profile to verity that the site is yours.
If you are like me, I am not that tech savvy and telling me to upload something to my server is like telling me to create something in Photoshop without the software downloaded. Today, I want to share how I did it if you run a Self-hosted website via WordPress.
1. Go to your Pinterest page and click on “settings”. Scroll down till you see your website and click on “Verify website”.
2. Click “Download the HTML Verification File.” Download the file and leave it on your desktop you can find it easily.
3. Log into your Cpanel and click on “File Manager”.
4. Click on File manager and select “Web Root” and click “Go”.
5. In the File manager page, click “Upload” and find the Pinterest file on your desktop and click upload.
6. Click upload, find the file you downloaded from Pinterest and upload the file to your server.
That’s it! Now you can go back to your Pinterest page to see that your website is now verified.
Question: Have you verified your site?