- Outdoor private showers
- Amazing native woven mats
- Tapa cloth ceilings
- Gourmet food
- Amazing sunsets
- Fantastic diving among the friendliest people in the world, what more could you want.
Next we travel to the Southern Caribbean stopping in Romantic St. Lucia. This small Windward Island is the newest hot spot for romance with 8 All Inclusive resorts including Sandals with over the water bungalows, Anse Chastanet with 600 acres of beach front and the Jade Mountain Resort over-looking the amazing harbor. The twin peaks “The Pitons” invite sailors to the peaceful shores reminiscent of Tahiti. Diving is amazing with several ship wrecks to tempt exploration and the stunning variety of coral, sponge and marine life. Artificial reefs have developed around a number of sunken ships which have become home to huge gorgonians, black coral trees, gigantic barrel sponges, purple vase sponges and black lace corals. Exciting Caribbean diving trips will reveal turtles, nurse sharks, seahorses, angel fish, and golden spotted eels, to name but a few, among the dazzling cross section of Caribbean marine life. Just 3 ½ hours from Miami and prices from $250 round trip St. Lucia is truly an affordable romantic vacation spot this year. Third on my list is the amazing British Virgin Islands. I have sailed around this island group on an old 3-masted schooner, dive the amazing Wreck of the Rhone, (A British Ship that split and went down in a Hurricane in 1867) and witnessed the most beautiful sunsets in my life. This small group of Islands borders the Atlantic Ocean just east of our US Virgin Islands. Practically a throwback these islands have not allowed the huge growth other Caribbean destinations have enjoyed recently…Thus, the people are not jaded, the locations have not been overrun with huge hotels and the dive sites are pristine. Tortola is your first stop, and the main island for accommodations. 3 resorts and a myriad of small inns welcome you to this old British pirate port. Stroll through the quaint streets, wander the white sand beaches and savor the fine cuisine. You can also:
- Choose to sail or ferry to the other islands
- Enjoy locations such as the Baths at Virgin Gorda for snorkeling
- Check out the Wreck of the Rhone for a fantastic day of diving
- Small islands like Peter Isle, Cooper Isle and Ginger Isle offer secluded beaches and clear crystal dive sites
- Or pamper yourselves at the new Scrub Island 6 star resort that boasts the most private romantic locations with a yacht club, marina, condos and private beaches.
- Resorts like Anthony’s Key that offer private bungalows and a small intimate atmosphere.
- Barefoot Cay, a privately owned 4 acre island offering bungalows, cabana swim areas, heavenly beds on the beach and is situated behind an amazing reef, protecting the area from large waves.
- Pure Vida Resort offers just 25 rooms on a protected reef
- Coco View has wonderful bungalows over the water.
- Tahiti, Moorea, Bora Bora, and 3 more main islands
- The Tuamotu Atolls or “Tahiti’s Strand of Pearls
- The Marquesas, or “The Mysterious Islands.”
What do you think?
- Have you ever been scuba diving?
- What’s the most awesome place you ever visited?
- Would you ever consider scuba diving?
Subscribe to this blog