For the past 6 months, I have been working with a software tool that I absolutely love. It’s well-known for some bloggers and most designers, but today I wanted to share this awesome tool with you. Snagit. What is Snagit? Snagit is a screenshot program that captures video display and audio output. Below, I will teach you How To Create Photo Screenshots With Snagit; originally for the Microsoft Windows family of operating systems, recent versions have also been available for Apple Mac.
Let’s say you want to capture a portion of a website and you decide to try and copy and paste the front page of your favorite website. What you end up with is more than you need and most times it just doesn’t work. The website below belongs to my friend Marce, owner and operator of SanJoseBass.com. I have always been a fan of this website (bass fishing duh!) so I thought I would use some of his bass picks as an example.
If you wanted to copy and paste the entire image of his front page, it would might be hard for a non-would-be designer to figure it out. With Snagit, you can copy only the portion of front page that you want. Then you cut off sections of the page that you don’t want.
“Snagit gives you all the tools to communicate clearly, every time. With Snagit, it’s easy to create eye-catching images and videos for quick communication.”
With Snagit you can:
- Take a photo of your computer screen, including long webpages
- You can create demo videos to share with anyone.
- Enhance images with text and special effects.
- Share images and videos for presentations, social media sites, and more.
Once I started using Snagit, I was able to really present a blog post with images rather than text. People love seeing a visual image or screen shots of how to use a product. All of my “How-To” posts were made using Snagit. It’s much easier to learn a product step by step, and having a visual image to back it up makes learning even better.
In this next slide, I took another picture from San Jose Bass.com to show what you can edit using Snagit. Below I used some of the ‘text” functions (similar to PicMonkey) to add some text and used PicMonkeys text feature to add the copyright information below.
Snagit works great for business, education or projects at home. The options are endless and they provide great tutorial videos that show you how to easily create your own masterpiece using Snagit. What I like best is that the videos aren’t long winded and boring. They really deliver a great product and make learning it simple.
Some other cool tips about this product is other features you can use or add:
- You can easily share videos directly to YouTube, Screencast, FTP, Twitter and Facebook.
- You can share pictures you create to via Facebook, Twitter and Email.
- Auto-storing – No need to worry about pressing the save button. This program automatically saves your image creations.
- Tagging – If you need to finish editing a photo later, this program lets you easily tag photos and come right back where you left off.
- Easy access to a complete set of video tutorials to learn how to use every feature made possible.
- Over 40 Ways to Capture Your Screen.
- Spell check
- Available for both Windows and Mac
- Very affordable and reasonably priced.
Not everyone can afford expensive programs that help edit photos like Photoshop and other creative tools. It’s programs like PicMonkey and Snagit that make using tools fun and enjoyable again without the pain of having to fork over hundreds of dollars for complicated programs. To each their own, but if you want a dummy-proof tool to make your posts come alive, I recommend: Snagit!
To thank my readers for all the support you have given me, I am offering (2) lucky people the opportunity to win (1) Subscription each for their own use of the latest version of Snagit 11. Snagit is valued at $48.95. This is sure to be a great prize and valuable tool to use for years to come. Still not convinced? Try it for 30 days for Free!
Photo Credit: SanJoseBass.com
Disclaimer: Some of the links below are affiliate links to products that will earn me a commission. These are all things that I have experience with and I am recommending because they are helpful and products that I trust