Now that Facebook has made it easier to personalize your Timeline covers, do you know all the options available? Most people don’t have access to photo programs like Photoshop and hiring a designer (no offense) might be out of reach in this economy. Luckily, there are some unique programs out there to help you customize your own Timeline Covers with ease.
Best part…most are FREE.
Recently I was introduced to Statigram, the web version of Instagram. If you have an iPhone or iPod Touch you can use Instagram to upload photos to create a collage. The cool part about this option is that you use your own photos to create a unique collage. No one can copy your photos and it will only create a collage based on what you have uploaded.
- Go to Statigram.com
- Register or Login to your account (same login as Instagram)
- Click on the word “Promote”
- Click create cover and it will generate a cover for you.
- Add to your Facebook Page
Pro’s – it creates photos that only you upload. You can get creative up to 50 photos and make a collage about Social Media with icons and other fun stuff to showcase your brand. Or you can upload all your fans and create a personalized thank you.
Cons – each time you create a new cover the positioning of all photos change. Due to load limits you can only generate only one new cover per hour.
- Click on Create a collage
- Click on the 2nd option to create a collage
- Find FB Cover and create your own collage
Pro’s – You can add your own images from your computer and place them any where in the layout. You can also add more images to a collage and remove the spacing in the background to have a cleaner look.
Cons – You can’t add images over background photos.
Timeline Cover Banner
This fun option takes making covers a bit further. Have you ever uploaded a background image and wanted to add different photos on top of it? Timeline Cover banner allows you to upload photos on top of your background and move it to any place. They have over 50+ background images to use for inspiration or you can upload your own images.
- Upload your own background image or use one of their templates
- Click upload “photo” to add images “on top” of the background image
- Use the “top” arrow to place images anywhere you like
- Use the “eraser” to remove images
Other options you can check out:
- GroSocial.com – $19 a month (Similar to Timeline Cover), but also gives you an option to Create a Twitter background and Facebook custom Tabs.
- SocialIdentites.com – This company creates awesome timeline covers! $129+
These options might not work for everyone, but they create an excellent opportunity for those that want to express their personality and keep their budget to a minimum. I hope you enjoy making your new banner, and please come back and share your FB Cover here if you have a Fan Page.
Questions: How did you create your Facebook Fan page? Did you use another program not mentioned? Did you have one professionally designed?